Re-linking files from HD to Dropbox via Boxifier

This is probably the most requested feature of Boxifier that worth an email notification if the next version (including this feature) is released.

At least I would like to be notified. In fact, I’m holding my purchase of another Boxifier Plus license until this feature is added.

Don’t worry, we will notify you about this.

We have been working on this in the last weeks and we can’t wait to release it :smile:

Hi Bogdan

I faced the same problem after upgrading to win 10. Now I need to re-link my folders from my NAS to the folders already in my Dropbox/boxifier folder. Could you please contact me or email be the instructions so I can have my lovely sync functions reestablished, please.

best

Martin

I have the same problem, my computer crash and now need to re link, cause I don’t want to resynch everything.

Had to uninstall dropbox and reinstall.
How do I re-link boxifier?

I have ~360GB on external HDD connected via USB and ~60GB on Local C: drive
Had dropbox 3.10.7 now have 3.10.8
Running boxifier 1.0.23

I also had a SDD crash that required replacing the drive. I have folder on my external HDD that was not synced to Dropbox on my computer but was synced in the cloud at.Dropbox>Boxifier>Photographs Now I am unable to sync or add files from my external HDD to the folder.

can I get instructions also

Hello everyone,

Please install the latest Boxifier (1.3.0). It contains the relink functionality.

After installing Dropbox on a new computer make sure that the Boxifier folder is checked in the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and all the subfolders are unchecked. Then you can go and right-click a folder to relink it. Choose “Boxifier - Sync with Dropbox” and a window will open. If the name matches an existing folder in your Dropbox then you will see a Relink button in that window.

Do this for all folders that you want to relink.

Then, after you’ve right-clicked and clicked Relink for all those folders you can go to the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and check them so they start syncing with the folders outside of Dropbox. That’s all you need to do.

didn’t work as I wrote in my email and as reproduced below:

I am now having a relinking problem with one of my folders which was earlier synced. for some reason the sync disappeared so I had to again do a BOXIFIER - SYNC WITH DROPBOX. It didn’t accept, with a message stating THIS NAME IS ALREADY IN USE BY ANOTHER FOLDER PLEASE TYPE ANOTHER NAME.

So I tried your advice as on the page link provided therein, which states

After installing Dropbox on a new computer make sure that the Boxifier folder is checked in the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and all the subfolders are unchecked. Then you can go and right-click a folder to relink it. Choose “Boxifier - Sync with Dropbox” and a window will open. If the name matches an existing folder in your Dropbox then you will see a Relink button in that window. Do this for all folders that you want to relink.
Then, after you’ve right-clicked and clicked Relink for all those folders you can go to the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and check them so they start syncing with the folders outside of Dropbox. That’s all you need to do.

The very first step didn’t work. When I uncheck all subfolders UNDER Boxifier folder, the Boxifier folder also gets unchecked. When I click to check it, all the others also get checked. Some kind of a comedy going on there. Therefore here I am sitting and gaping at the computer, unable to do anything. Please advise.

Regards

Hi Sumit,

I am not sure what you mean by this. You mention that the Boxifier folder also gets unchecked which is weird.

Please check this video. As you can see, the Boxifier folder does not get unchecked.

Does this video help?

Good afternon, my problem is that sometimes, there is a Relink button and sometimes there is not, although there is a message saying that a folder by that name already exists, so is it something I am doing wrong or is it a bug ?

Thanks for your reply,

Dominique

Hi Dominique

When you don’t get a Relink button and you get a message saying that a folder with that name already exists then it means that folder is checked in the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and is downloaded to your Dropbox → Boxifier folder. That downloaded folder is the folder with the same name that already exists.

If that folder is unchecked in the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox then it won’t be downloaded to your local Dropbox folder, so a folder with the same name won’t exist there.

To sum this up:

• Folder unchecked in Selective Sync settings having the same name → Relink button
  • Folder checked in Selective Sync settings having the same name → “A folder with that name already exists” message.

Does this help?

Hello again, thanks for your prompt reply and yes, it does help.

Best regards,

Dominique

My Boxifier reports that it is up-to-date.
But, when I uncheck the top-level sub-folders in Dropbox selective sync, they won’t stay unchecked. Do I have to go to every sub-folder and sub-sub-folder and uncheck all of them (hundreds)?

Hi David,

What are the exact sub-folders that you are mentioning here? Are these sub-folders of the Boxifier folder or other kind of sub-folders?

Subfolders inside the folders in my Boxifier folders.
For example: Inside my Boxifier folder is a folder called mfw. Inside that folder are many many other folders.

The Boxifier subfolders need to stay checked in order for them to sync. What is the reason why you want them to be unchecked?

I was following the instructions (from earlier in this help-thread) to re-link files from HD to Dropbox via Boxifier, because the Boxifer folders were not syncing. I have now shut down everything, rebooted, turned Dropbox off and on again, to see if that will help. It might be working (I’m waiting). Thanks.

I followed the instructions for selective sync and tried the method above to re-link the folder. I get this message … “Error code: E8500034”

You receive that message because the folder that you are trying to re-link is probably not unchecked in Selective Sync settings. It needs to be unchecked before you can re-link it.