✅ [Solved] Dropbox has Disappeared

This morning i downloaded and installed the latest version of Boxifier, remembering to uncheck the “Block Dropbox Updates” box ( why is this there anyway??)

When I restarted my computer I found that Dropbox had disappeared and Boxifier flashed up a warning that “Dropbox is not running”

This has happened before. My pics are still on Dropbox but the desktop icon and the whole programme has been removed from the computer. I will now have to download and re-install Dropbox and wait while it re indexes all my pictures.

Is this some crazy sort of incompatibility between Boxifier and Dropbox?

Kindest regards,
Colin Ballard,
17 July 2019

Not sure why your Dropbox would get removed from your computer. That sounds strange. Boxifier does not do anything with the Dropbox installation so maybe some antivirus or someone accidentally removed it?

This morning i downloaded and installed the latest version of Boxifier, remembering to uncheck the “Block Dropbox Updates” box ( why is this there anyway??)

That feature exists for situation where a new version of Dropbox creates an incompatibility issue. Historically it is a feature that has been introduced due to multiple requests from Boxifier users who wanted to make sure that a new version of Dropbox doesn’t break their sync setup with Boxifier.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for that.

As I am the only one who uses this computer I can be certain that no-one else removed Dropbox. It was also suspicious that it disappeared right after I installed the newer version of Boxifier

Anyway, it was easy enough to reload Dropbox - just gave me a bit of a scare. This is actually the second time this has happened but, unfortunately, I
cannot recall exactly what happened the first time.

Kindest regards,
Colin,
25 July 2019

Glad to hear that you fixed it, Colin. Thank you for sharing the news with us!