Question re Boxter duplicating folder

I have a folder on Dropbox.com called “Pics” which stores most of my photos. I use selective sync so that this folder does not sync to my computer (which has a smaller HDD). When on an expedition without internet I backup all my new photos to an external HDD in a folder called “Pics”. Boxifier will upload from the external HDD to, and sync with, a new folder on Dropbox.com called Boxifier/Pics. Since the HDD has many of the same files that the Dropbox.com/Pics folder has these have been uploaded to the Boxifier folder too - although they were obv. copied from the Dropbox.com/pics folder directly since it only took a few minutes (not the hours an upload would take).
Now my Dropbox.com has two folders Dropbox.com/Pics and Dropbox.com/Boxifier/Pics. The latter has everything in the former plus a few others and only it syncs with the HDD.
Are both folders “real” i.e. do they both count against my DB 1TB Total?
Can I merge them?
Can I delete the Dropbox.com/Pics folder?

As far as I’m aware yes both folders would count toward your 1TB Total on Dropbox.

Yes you could delete the Dropbox/Pics folder if you are sure all the files are duplicated (you get 30 days to recover the deleted files if you later find some pics missing anyway) :wink:

1 Like