[FIXED] Folder not synced due to selective sync settings

Hi,

When I turned on my computer this morning, Boxifier was showing this:

I didn’t change at all any settings! It just did that by its own. In Dropbox, all the checkboxes are unchecked for the Boxifier/* folders and also the Boxifier folder.

I did some photography work and I am wondering if I am going to loose everything locally if I reactivate the sync…

How could these be unchecked without any action from me ?

Thanks!

CONFIRM:

ALL MY FILES WERE BEING DELETED WHEN I CHECKED BACK THE CHECKBOXES IN SELECTIVE SYNC !!!

I am very unhappy :frowning2:

Second update:

I see this is due to a conflict in the boxifier synced folders:

Can you please tell me how to solve that ?

Thanks!

For everyone experiencing this: DO NOT make any changes. Do not change your selective sync settings.

We are looking into this. Please don’t make any changes and wait for further updates.

1 Like

Note: I am using Boxifier 1.4.6 with Dropbox 7.3.27

Same problem. I updated to new version and it marked my 2 boxifier folders as gone… (They are folders on an external disk, and I didn’t conect it yet)

@Razvan : do you have an ETA for the fix, or a workaround so that the sync can resume ? I still have my folders not syncing due to selective sync not considering them

Thanks!

We are working on a fix. No ETA yet. Please wait for the fix and don’t try to fix this on your own.

1 Like

I too have experienced the same issues including being unable to delete some folders in Dropbox. Selective Sync Issue was the first I knew of it and wasted too much time Googling and reading up on the overall issue. Luckily I also use Norton Backup but hope I’ve not lost any files. I’d appreciate pointers to any articles or help to analyse what files are involved. I’ll watch this space - but am really concerned about possibly loosing stuff. :worried:

The same for me.

I have enabled these folders and now dropbox is downloading folders and files to Dropbox/Boxifier folder instead linked folders.

¿What can i do now? I have closed dropbox but I need at least use dropbox.

What can i do now? I have closed dropbox but I need at least use dropbox.

As I mentioned before:

We are working on a fix. No ETA yet. Please wait for the fix and DO NOT try to fix this on your own.

Hello, any update about this?

Any timelime or estimation?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Boxifier 1.5.0 is now out. Please install it and let us know how it works for you.

• If you have any questions about applying this update please get in touch with our support team by e-mail (team at boxifier dot com)
  • If you have selective sync conflict folders in your Boxifier folder do not delete and do not make any changes to them. Get in touch with our support team and they will help you with this.
1 Like

Thank you Razvan.

I have installed new version and wrote to support team :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, I do not want to be nosy but you wrote that you wrote to support team. Have you any problems with 1.5.0 or is it safe to install 1.5.0?

I would like, if people in addition to the writing support, use this forum to tell if they have problems. That way other will get information quickly :slight_smile: I think discussion is forum’s idea in the end.

I have wrote to support team about the second point:

If you have selective sync conflict folders in your Boxifier folder do not delete and do not make any changes to them. Get in touch with our support team and they will help you with this.

Not about problems with the new version. :wink:

Hi

I’m seeing the same message on my folders. I downloaded and tried to install the latest version 1.5.17) but it says it can’t run because a dll is missing and tells me to re-install - which of course doesn’t work because it fails with the same message

But when I look in task manager it says something called FDED - Folder not synced due to selective sync, is running and that Boxifier is running.

SOmething is wrong!

We had a false alarm issued by Symantec with 1.5.17, could you try installing Boxifier 1.5.18 and see how that goes?