Files saved from application (Word/Excel/Notepad etc) to network drive do not sync

When I open Word (or Excel, Notepad, etc) to create a new document and then save it to our network drive which is setup to sync to Dropbox using Boxifier the newly created/saved document does not sync to Dropbox. It does not appear at all on Dropbox (not even as a deleted file).

If I create a new Word document and save it to my local hard drive and then copy it to the network drive which is setup to sync to Dropbox using Boxifier then the file syncs to Dropbox as expected.

Have others experienced this/is this a known issue?

Hi Kate,

This is most likely caused by the network drive. There is a known fact that some network drives have buggy implementations and cause the sync not to work properly. We’re constantly working on adding workarounds for buggy network devices even if it is not pleasant to work with bugs in products that we don’t create.

Where is that network drive stored? Is it on a network attached storage (NAS) device, a server or something else?

Great to hear that you may have a workaround. The network drive is on a Windows file server.