Dropbox appears Logged Out in Boxifier Console

We recently discovered that the files changed on the local drive were not updating in Dropbox. When we checked the Boxifier status, it showed “Dropbox up to date” on the Status tab, but the “Sync” tab indicated that Dropbox was not logged into any account.

We stopped the Dropbox service, opened Dropbox application, logged in, closed the application, and restarted the service from Boxifier. Everything reconnected and updated.

My question is - how can we prevent this behavior in the future, and prevent the account from being logged out.

Thank you,
Jeff

When we checked the Boxifier status, it showed “Dropbox up to date” on the Status tab, but the “Sync” tab indicated that Dropbox was not logged into any account.

This sounds unusual. Do you remember what the actual message indicating that it was not logged in was saying? Could you please contact me on: team at boxifier dot com?

I have encountered a similar problem on multiple occasions where Dropbox shows “Up to date” even though I have added files and know that it hasn’t synced them for days. I “pause syncing” in Dropbox for a few seconds, and then “resume syncing” in Dropbox, then Dropbox displays “Indexing” for several minutes. Dropbox now finds all of the new files and everything actually is “Up to date” when Dropbox says it is. This happens 1-2 times per month. Occasionally I remember to “pause syncing” once per week, and this seems to increase the time period before Dropbox stops syncing, even though it thinks it is “Up to date”… Once I had the exact problem listed above, but it has been several months, maybe 1 year since.

Hi William,

You mentioned you are adding some files to these folders. Where are the folders located: local drive/external drive/network drive?

Thank you for sharing your experience with this. The Dropbox account being logged out sounds more like an issue with Dropbox than one related to Boxifier.

I know it’s happened on the network drives. I also sync one local drive location and one external drive. What is used most of the time though are the three network drives. I know this issue has happened with the network drives.